(248) 614-9005

1755 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084

Post Judgement Issues Washington Township Michigan


review us on google


Exclusively Focused On Divorce, Custody And Other Family Law Matters

Once the court rules in a Michigan family law matter, many individuals focus on bringing as much normalcy as possible to their lives. If minor children are involved, parents often look to create a stable environment and establish a routine.

In some cases, however, a party may not follow through with court orders regarding support payments, child custody, parenting time or property settlement. If a court order is not being followed and the situation cannot be resolved amicably, it may require assistance from an experienced family law attorney who can pursue a post-judgment enforcement action.

In other instances, one party may encounter a significant change in his or her life that impacts the agreements or court orders that were part of a divorce or other family law matter. In certain situations, this may require a modification to the terms of a court order.


DO YOU NEED HELP IN ENFORCING A JUDGE'S ORDER? Long after divorce, a host of issues may arise from the judgment that dissolved your marriage. Many problems can be amicably resolved while others will be hotly contested. While you may have made a settlement agreement during the divorce, enforcing the terms later may require some assistance. Obtaining the services of a respected and experienced Michigan Family Law Attorney from Mellin Robinson P.C. is recommended. Some of the problems many of our clients need assistance with following a divorce include:

  • Nonpayment of child support or alimony

  • Failure to remove a spouse's name from a mortgage

  • Failure to liquidate assets or otherwise comply with the provisions of the property settlement agreement

Should you find yourself with such a problem, our skilled attorneys will be able to negotiate with your former spouse to ensure he/she follows the court order or petition the court if necessary. There are also various other legal methods that can be used to ensure the agreement is followed.


Assisting you with modifications to child custody, child support and spousal support.

Life changes more rapidly than ever. Individuals accept new jobs or wrestle with prolonged unemployment, remarry following divorce, look to move closer to extended family or make some other significant change.

When significant and long-term changes occur that impact the ability to comply with original court orders, it may be necessary to obtain a modification. The experienced family law attorneys at Mellin Robinson, P.C., in Washington Township, Michigan, can help. We assist individuals with pursuing or defending against post-judgment modifications involving:

  • Child custody

  • Parenting time

  • Child support

  • Spousal support

  • Relocation with a child


Modifications may be necessary as a result of a significant and long-term change in a child's needs. For example, a serious illness, accident or disability may require an increase in child support to help cover medical treatment or rehabilitative costs. Similarly, a significant and long-term illness to a parent may impede his or her abilities and require a modification to a child custody order or a shared parenting time agreement.

Moving far enough away to impact a child's relationship with his or her other parent without court approval can negatively impact your parental rights. Contact us for legal guidance in this area.

Often, petitions to modify a child custody order stem from one parent's interest in relocating. Michigan law states that a custodial parent who wishes to relocate more than 100 miles away from a noncustodial parent must obtain permission from the noncustodial parent or receive court approval. The court will act in the child's best interest in determining whether or not to approve change of domicile.

Even if parents work out an agreement together to modify an existing custodial arrangement or shared parenting plan, it is necessary to submit it to the court for approval. If you don't, one parent could change his or her mind and require the other parent to revert to the original agreement or be held in contempt.


Whether you need to petition the court for a modification or defend against one, the best way to protect your interests is to retain the services of an experienced Michigan modification lawyer. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation in which a Washington Township modifications lawyer will review the facts of your case and recommend the best course of action. We work with clients throughout Oakland County, Macomb County, Wayne County, and beyond

What is your legal issue?

Contact our family lawyers for a free virtual constultation.

What is your legal issue?

Contact our family lawyers for a free virtual constultation.

Schedule Now

leading lawyers

Mellin Robinson, P.C. provides you with the best divorce attorney, divorce lawyer and family law attorney we service Birmingham, Clawson, Oakland County, Rochester, Royal Oak, Shelby, Romeo, Sterling Heights, Washington Township, and Troy Michigan as well as surrounding areas.

Website Design & SEO By MI Digital Solution